Medium Term vs Short Term Accommodation (STA) Respite Melbourne
What is Short Term Accommodation
MyLife Accommodation and Care Solutions provides both medium and short term quality accommodation for people with physical health and psycho-social disabilities. We have a client centric based approach. They also assist carers with these solutions, resulting in a detailed, yet simplistic process for everyone.
Short term accommodation is designed for times when temporary, specialised accommodation is required. This includes changes in living situations, crisis or a carer requires respite. At MyLife, we provide two options for short stays, either a short stay at an accessible and secure location or the provision of extra support within the home.
Benefits of short term accommodation include:
- A safe place where clients are supported – our short stay sites are equipped with appropriate supports and accessibility functions
- Positive interaction – via the creation of bonds, interaction with peers and engagement in activities.
- Flexibility – short term stays allow for more flexibility than other types of accommodations such as when individuals have medical treatments or travel needs.
What is Medium Term Accommodation?
Medium Term Accommodation, is designed for people who need housing accommodations for up to 90 days.
It is often used as an intermediary measure when waiting for more long-term solutions such as Specialist Disability Accommodation or Supported Independent Living.
Benefits of Medium Term Accommodation include
- Strong support networks our compassionate staff, their breadth of experience enables them to expertly handle all situations with care.
- Positive interaction, as with short term accommodation, is vital in creating a safe space and maintaining the client’s wellbeing.
- Transition support – for those who are transitioning to long term accommodation, MTA can be used as a stepping stone to allow clients to adjust to a new environment. It can allow us to work with you, the carer, to provide the best accommodation supports for the client long term.
So, what’s the difference?
- Short term stays are more affordable as they are for a shorter period of time
- Short term stays are generally up to 28 days
- The availability of medium term accommodation is less than short term accommodation due to the difference of turn around times
For more information on Medium Term vs Short Term Accommodation Respite Melbourne that we offer, contact us.